Look at me posting again (post ACG Victorian Picnic)

Had a great time (although hot) at the Victorian Picnic last weekend.

My mini me wanted to come and I was going to make her a new bustle dress but the inspiration and motivation just wasn't there. I happened to take out her older sisters corset I made about 5 years ago, we tried it on and bingo it fit.  

This got me thinking...... mmmmm if she fits the corset just maybe she might fit the bustle dress I made for her sister as well .... mmmmm.

So we tried it on and it was a little big but not too bad that a bit of tweaking and taking up wouldn't suffice.

The issue I have with that dress is that I trimmed it in a very light weight (and white) cotton muslin that just fell apart.  So I decided to re-trim the dress.

Another stroke of luck was that shopping for fabric we came across some striped cotton that matched perfectly (and I really mean perfectly).  

So mini me has a new dress that she can grow into.  The only thing I didn't get to do was cuffs which I can certainly make at another time.

So piccies ... here we are with my RIFF group who attended.

269043_506371436042190_381978086_n

(I know, I know mini me should be wearing a petticoat but for the life of me I couldn't get her in one - it was a rather hot day and she WAS coming IN COSTUME so I wasn't going to push it)

I wore my purple bustle dress for a 4th outing.  

Highlight was seeing Kerry and Mel's new bustle dresses - simply gorgeous and has inspired me to make another one (just bought Frances Grimbles book *squeee*)



Comments