why why why

Why am I so hung up on being "historically accurate".
I should have had Nick's pants done and dusted by now but I am deliberating yet again on having them perfect.

It is not that I don't have a pattern - I am using the pattern from Patterns for theatrical costumes (which I have cut out as you can see) as a base and then adapting with the gaitered trousers pattern from the NWTA Clothier/Patternmaster website: www.nwta.com/patterns/pdfs/251overl.pdf


It is the construction that has me baffled, I know how I would do it with my modern sewing knowledge but I am so hung up on being "true" to historical sewing that I am doing my head in. The instructions for the Gaitered trousers are confusing to me too. SO I have decided to just go by instinct and if it is not completely accurate well who will know and who will care (besides me of course).

Of course if anyone has any advice I would be most grateful.


Comments