Visit to the 15th Century


My group has been invited to a Medieval event spaning 200 years (1380-1580) - easy to pick my impression as my group also is planning a mid 15th century encampment for other events. 

SOOO mid 15th century it is.

Now I am going to cheat and use my linen regency chemise as the foundation garment as no one will see it in any case and there is at least one image that I have noticed (see below) that has short white sleeves on a (what could be a) chemise, I think it is not a huge stretch to be ok with this decision (I will make a proper one eventually as she COULD be pushing her sleeves up).



This is now the inspiration for my kirtle - a sleeveless one.  At first I was wanting a front laced, long sleeved kirtle in blue linen from my stash - only to find that I only have 2 metres (DARN).  SO I might just be able to make a sleeveless kirtle with a waist seam (still front laced of course).

But I am certainly not going bare armed.  I have purchased some green wool which will be an over kirtle.  I really like this image:



I also LOVE the belt/tie and bag.


Comments