All things titanic and a bit extra

As we all know the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking is this year and our little group here are going to commemorate the occasion (like just about everyone in the costuming world) ...

I have already started and have made my under bust corset (photos will follow).  I used the online pattern from bridges on the body blog http://bridgesonthebody.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/titanic-era-corset-and-pattern.html.  Went together really well, no dramas - whew.  I just have to add some frilly bits to it.

Next on the list is a new chemise.  I really want I have seen in books with a little strap like these:

I haven't found any "patterns" or such so I am really guessing it is just a square piece gathered above the bust. I am debating wether to add a gores or just a slightly gathered skirt for the hips. Can't seem to find any extant examples (only those from a later period) so i guess I will make it up as I go on.

I bought some beautiful fabric for my under shirt which will be next.  All hopefully done by the end of the weekend.

BTW

I had a retro cocktail partee a couple of weeks ago (tupperware) and managed to finish my cocktail dress (well I didn't get the hem done - I just zigzagged the edge ready to hem at a future date).  I have to borrow a photo to show you the dress ....


Comments