Yeah ...

My chemise is done and I am pretty happy with it. I have trimmed the top and bottom with cotton lace and have added lace straps.  I added small gussets at the sides for ease.  When I add the corset over it, it looks like the drawings so I am content.

Next the drawers...

I have taken the pattern from here:

http://www.tudorlinks.com/treasury/freepatterns/w1907drawers.html

but made them smaller and shorter so they will look like this:


1910s (Met Museum)

Just adding frilly bits now.

The one issue I have is to close or keep open the crotch?? The 1907 pattern is open but the above pair (and another one from the met) is closed.  I would be happy to close them only if they are worn under the corset, certain times can get very difficult.

I HAD, through some research, thought that ladies changed to wearing them over their corsets which makes sense, but I get a lot of conflicting information in favour of wearing under *sigh*, think it would be wise to make them open and if further information comes to light can  sew them up if necessary.

All going well, I should be done in the next couple of days.

Comments